Thursday 3 May 2007

Thank God for Nature

There are times when you just flip, control is non-existent and reasoning is a thing unknown.

Being a calm person, when such a thing happens, it signals serious wrongdoings. Although this happened last Sat, even as I write I feel the pain inside me.

Stress is a word we have heard too often, and experienced it too. One can say that it has become almost part of everyday life...what a pity. Life has become too hectic for me, with university and work at the same time. Add to that an intensive week of 3 hours lectures a day, assignment deadlines approaching, lack of sleep, lack of sports and a personal life that has not been quite so smooth...well the limit is unfortunately reached.

My way of getting over it was rather simple (and I recommend it to anybody out there):

I just left all, family and loved ones at home (yes I flipped right before lunch) and went for a long, long walk. From my house to Hagar Qim. There I found my resting place, against the base of it-Torri tal-Ħamrija, face out over the Magħlaq Fault. The sound of birds and the sea down below and the view along the coast - > that managed to calm me down. In fact, I got hungry and asked my family to pick me up. The one hour walk did most of the magic as I sweated the tension out.

One last thing...dear nature...thanks!

No comments: