Friday 14 December 2007

Hail and Bali

A rather particular event happened to me on my way to work this morning. The sky looked heavy and grey with hugu cumulus clouds waiting for any moment to pour their contents. I was driving along the main road and got stuck in traffic under the 'University Tunnel'. As I was reaching the end of it, I realised that it was pouring heavily on the outside; I entered the tunnel dry. To add to the 'shock' most of the rain was actually hail. So bang bang bang loud on the car, I had to turn up the volume to continue to listen Ghost Reveries (Opeth) (Yeah! Quite a wakeup tune!!).

Apart from that, the temperature is really cold today, at least at work. The a/c does not seem to be providing enough heat.

Anyhow I admit I am a little anxious at the moment. I am awaiting the outcomes of the Bali Conference which, I believe, will have an impact on the way we know and shall know our Earth. Climate-related concerns are very high. The climate itself is already responding with record low ice levels in the Arctic. An expert believes that the Arctic Ocean will be ice free by 2013! That is five years from now!

Let us pray that he's wrong.

No comments: