Wednesday 10 May 2006

Off to Cymru.....Wales

Well, almost actually, but in less than a month, I will be in the land of St. David. To say the truth, the holidays was booked way in January. Since then, not much preparation has been done, though we know more or less where we are going. We also booked a car and plan to go quite around. Our stay will be for 12 days.

Time for a good holiday. Since I started working full-time since last summer, I had to miss out on the long holidays which I was used to. Ok, we had a Xmas shutdown but not the two weeks I was used to during Xmas or Easter. What's more, I can forget the summer holidays. Just work work work. I guess I still feel I am a student.

So yes, I have to take care of my leave. In summer we have the usual long weekend to Gozo, as well as I will take some days off to enjoy the sun, sand and sea which this island is so much known for...or was....

Back to my forthcoming holiday... I have been saying I need to prepare myself more for the trip for ages. Yet, I waste my time, reading newspapers, or surfing the net for millions of other (useless) things. Neither buying the Lonely Planet did help. That's typical me, and then I grumble about the local authorities lack of forward planning...yeah right.

Well, there is also a good excuse. Going abroad in always an adventure; going abroad with just a road map, camping gear and a good book is even more; not knowing where to lodge and what to find once there can be problematic, but nonetheless exiting and fun. Time will tell..

...and by the way, we will be 3 couples, packed in one car like sardines

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great site lots of usefull infomation here.
»