Wednesday 27 September 2006

thinking of life...

Recently, due to unforseen family events, I have done some thinking on life and the dimension of time.

Until the early teens, you most probably have no idea of time, or past, you just want to get older so that you can drive your dad's car, or so that your beard starts to grow and fellow teen girlies would not laugh at your baby face.

Come your twenties and suddenly, people you know start to get married. They may be mates your age or older than you. You think, something is telling me that I am about to get married soon. Once people get married, whoaa kids start coming.

I skipped the phase on growing up kids, teenage-kids related problems, my own mid-life crises and my little babies getting married and having their own kids. But then...

So I skipped some 30 years and arrived at the retirement age; you finish work, get a pension and start enjoying your life. You have loads of time to dedicate to yourself, your grandchildren and a million of other pursuits. What happens then? You start attending funerals, fellow pensioners, people you got to know sitting on the bench in the village square, people you knew since you were at univ, or a teenger or earlier. And after every day which passes, you ask yourself: am I next?

No comments: