Wednesday 28 March 2007

Culinary pleasures: What a night out at Bouzouki!

A great night out was experienced yesterday evening, in the company of Baanisuu. My date took me to dinner, in an unknown location to me. The venue? Bouzouki! A fine Greek restaurant with excellent food, atmosphere, setting and view of St. Julian's Bay.

We ate loads, having a starter of grilled feta cheese and mixed dips, a main course of chicken with spices and meatballs (not quite balls, more looked like sauseges) and some desert consisting of honey, walnuts, cinnamon and pastry.

Judgement: Plain and simply - EXCELLENT.

Added to the food we had a local red wine which was the a perfect accompaniment.

Another feature that I really enjoyed was the relaxed atmosphere where one is given ample time to digest the starter, talk, listen to what other tables nearby are talking about, and make room for the next course. The friendly staff is an added bonus to the whole experience.

Plus, this morning the restaurant was advertised on a local radio station, fuelling my appetite again.

I recommend it to anybody looking for good food and a great experience.

I am giving a 4/5 on food selection since only one desert was mentioned, and another heading indicating to ask for other specialities. I think providing just one desert option merits a loss of full marks in this category.

Friendliness of staff: 5/5
Service: 5/5
Food selection: 4/5
Food: 5/5
Ambient: 5/5

Overall: 5/5
Conclusion: Highly Recommended

No comments: