Tuesday 23 October 2007

Special dedication

When you realise that life is becoming too short at the age of 24, you must stop a little bit to think. How on earth will I manage to go on like this? I admit, most of the hectic life should be over by June next year, when I hopefully hand in my MSc thesis and adios to it all. Well maybe adios, because one never knows what may come across.

But, I am not alone. Baanisuu is always there for me and in such moments I realise how much I have to appreciate her. She is in the same shit as I am; her 2nd year of French at uni is not for the light-hearted. And yet, we still manage to spend quality time together. That is of course at the expense of other options, but it is the best option.

The last couple of weekends are a prime example. In the midst of lectures (yes, I have lectures sometimes on the weekend), lots of reading, writing assignments and so on, there is still time for us to enjoy a good laugh and shrug away (albeit for a few moments) all the stress and tension that is already building up.

What else is a requirement for a person, with no time to spare, having lots of things to do apart from work and a nerve-wrecking university course? Somebody like you, Baanisuu.

No comments: