Saturday 22 April 2006

Green Fuel

After much thinking and weighing the ups and downs, I finally decided to go for biodiesel. My car is relatively new (2 and a half years) and thus there should have been no modifications needed. But trying something new on another thing which costs quite some money is not easy. I was afraid that I might do some damage to the engine. So far car works OK.

The promoters of biodiesel say that it is better than normal diesel since it is a better lubricant and also slightly increases performance. Well, my principle aim was to give my little part in reducing noxious fumes. The local manufacturers have come up with a mixture of 80:20, thus 80% diesel, 20% bio. The bio part is made up from cooking oils, which i beleive is a good thing. This reduces other damages since before most cooking oils were being put down the drain.

I just hope that more people go for greener products, consume less and seperate waste. We all need to be responsible for our actions.

No comments: