Saturday 29 April 2006

Sister Birthday surprise

That small miracle seems to have made me mute too, since my long silence since my last blog. Actually I did not have much time, and blogging from work is not quite an option, though a possibility.

Yesterday was my sister's birthday. She is 20 now, i.e. she lost her teens. A friend of hers from University decided set up a surprise for her, and so she contacted all of my sister's friends, including myself, to meet her at a bar. This we managed to do, though more people should have come, save for some excuse or other. Then my sister arrived, and she could not stop laughing....yes laughing...that is her way to treat surprise. After all the hugs and kisses and the "hi how are you!" and "long time no see" phrases, a cake was presented to her - and what a cake!! This huge chocolate cake was actually really good, had some taste of orange in it.

I could not stay late, since I had to wake up early as my girlfriend had exams today and I had to taxi her to the examination location. But my lovely dovely sister decided that I should carry this huge cake, and some presents back to my car, so that she can get wasted without having antyhing to think about. Well, ok I thought, except that I had to pass through the nightlife mecca with this huge, uncovered box holding a birthday cake. In fact, I became quite an attraction. Some people looked at the cake, trying to read out what was written; other asked for peace while some tried to put their finger in; some young English lads came singing to me: "Happy Bifthday to you, Happy birfday to you!!" Yep typical English people with a pint too many in their head.

Finally, we arrived to my parked car and drove off slowly home, making sure that the cake does not move too much or else....

No comments: