Thursday 31 August 2006

August 31st 2006

August is over today and with it come the usual last minute things that I need to do before the new month starts.

One of these is applying at the University of Malta for a post-graduate course. Initially I was going for a Pg Dip in Planning Studies. However, I got a phone call from the Institute's director who told me that the course would most likely not be offered since there were too few applicants. So I had to make a choice: do nothing or go for something else.

Luckily another course on the same lines was on offer: Master in Integrated Resource Management, a sort of Environmental Management degree. I opted for that but to do the change I had to go to Uni to change my application form and today was the last day.

So off I went this morning and popped in at Uni on my way to work. I found the room, knocked and was greated by 3 ladies surrounded by piles of applications forms. After telling them my situation (they had phoned me themselves to come and change the application) the enter 'Search Mode' to look for this sheet of paper. Could not be found. After some time it was found on the monitor of a PC with a note attached to it, indicating that it was going to be changed. I modified the applicaiton appropriately and left for work.

To get my Masters, I will need to attend evening classes after work, study / read / do assignments after work and on weekends, and do the BIG ONE: a 25K thesis. Wish me luck!

No comments: