Tuesday 29 August 2006

An italian guy in Malta (actually two)

I stayya ina bigga hotel...and the beds have no shiitss. Call the manager I ask him for a shiit on my bed..He tells me: go to da toilet you sonofabitch....

Here I am in Malta, actually at work during my lunchtime (yes, lunchtime for me is at 14:00). I wonder what my team mates are doing up there in France. I am sure they are enjoying themselves, but anyways, so did I the last few days.

I was on leave from the 17th and came back to work yesterday. Two Italian friends, Antonio from Bari and Gianluca from Agrigento came over. I only knew Antonio since we were mates during my 4 and a half month Erasmus experience in Liverpool. I waited for more than an hour to pick them up. They finally came out of the Sea Passenger Terminal at around 18:15. After the initial introductions, Antonio and I started off updating each other on the ongoings of the last two years. Gianluca knew everything about me and also saw the numerous video clips which Antonio had taken during our stay.

We lodged at my dad's farmhouse for the week. Baaniisu was with us all the time. Sometimes we cooked, other times my mum gave us a hand. Antonio and Gianluca met also our friends. Thursday, we went out to Paceville, Malta's entertainment mecca and both were amazed. In fact, both decided to spend the weekend there and they stayed for two nights at the 'La Vallette Resort'.

Apart from Paceville, Baaniisu and I took them around Malta, visited some cultural sites such as Fort St. Angelo, Vittoriosa (Birgu), Hagar Qim and Mnajdra Temples. We also took them to Valletta (the Capital City, Mdina (the Silent City) and to the Ta' Qali crafts village. A visit to Gozo was a must and there we visited the Azure Window, Cittadella, Xlendi, Calypso Cave and Ramla il-Hamra. Swimming was obviously a must; we swam in Gozo at the Blue Hole and Ramla il-Hamra and also in Malta, particularly at Wied iz-Zurrieq and St. Peter's Pool.

Baaniisu and I tried to show our two Italian friends as much as we could. We also showed them Dingli cliffs (the highest point) and the magnificent Blue Grotto.

As usual, I have not downloaded any photos yet to my pc. I will put some of them online for you the see in the coming days

No comments: