Monday 7 August 2006

Shit! I've did it again

And it really hurts! I don't think you know this, but I am an avid football fan; I play the sport too with a local club.

During the last weekend a 55 hour 5-a-side football tournament was organised in Zurrieq. A friend of mine asked me to join and I did so willingly. It is played in a school and as most local school, the football pitch is a hard concrete surface.

All went well up till the fourth game. We won 3 out of 3 up till then. I played most of my parts as a second half substitute, bringing on some fresh legs. Well those fresh legs were not fresh anymore after I came into the game in the fourh game: I was shielding the ball when the guy behind me pushed me a little and I ended up twisting badly my right ankle. It was a really bad twist and I ended up being changed and not playing again for the whole tournament. My team ended up semifinalists in the end, and we were very pleased with that.

But my ankle..jezuz it hurts. I already had ligament problems with my left one and now the other! That game I was injured was played at 2 o' clock in the morning. I stayed awake till almost four, applying ice. My football team coach does not know yet and he will not be pleased, since he told us to avoid such 5-a-side tournaments and games altogether.

Injuries are a common occurrence unfortunately for me, with both ankles and knees suffering considerably over the past years; this one is another addition to the long list.

No comments: